Hope for the Hood
Hope for the Hood…
is an Urban Missions ministry that provides cross-cultural missions opportunities for churches throughout the United States. Churches who desire to serve and minister to the less-fortunate and under-priviliged of the inner city will have a life-changing, week long experience that will deeply impact their own lives and philosophy of life. You will not regret your decision to be a part of this unique missions opportunity. We would love to have you join us.
Is to train people to practically and genuinely demonstrate the love of God to broken and hurting people in the inner city of Chicago and throughout the world.
• We are planning to have many high school students and youth leaders from across the U.S. come to Chicago to be involved in evangelism, outreach and training.
• "Hope for the Hood" is a Local Church Urban Mission. We take kids to the neediest areas of the inner city to expose them to the needs of people who are caught in poverty, violence and brokenness. We seek to demonstrate the compassion and love of Jesus to people who are seeking for Hope and help. Our goal is to give them a hand up, not a hand out. The Gospel is the focus of all we do. Jesus said, "What does it benefit a man if he gains every thing that the world has to offer, and loses his own soul".
• Experience Chicago’s inner city for a week of intense ministry.
• Learn from and work with people who were born and raised in the inner city.
• Work with gang members and kids who are very open to the gospel.
• Touch the lives of hurting and lonely homeless and street people.
Watch God change your life!
"Hope for the Hood" will center around, training and equipping Youth and Adults to be able to effectively reach people of other ethnic groups, and help them to build loving relationships with people of other races and cultures, in order to reach them for Christ.
- The students and their youth leaders will be housed here in the city, and spend their days in the inner city community of Chicago, working with New Hope, and conducting a number of outreach activities designed to reach people with the Gospel, and develop lasting relationships.
- As part of the outreach, each participant will receive 8 hours of intense training in how to reach people cross-culturally, and how to reach people in an urban context. They will also learn the most effective ways to communicate their faith in a way others can relate to.
Monday through Friday community outreaches include:
• - Super Summer Jam Bible clubs throughout the West-side of Chicago
• - Evangelistic community clean-ups.
• - 3-on- 3 basketball tournaments with urban youth.
• - Evening rallies are geared to strengthen and encourage Youth, and reach non- christian guests.
The weekend includes: -
* Ministry to the homeless and those in need.
• Community Picnic, Concert, Carnival and 3-on-3 B-ball
Hope for the Hood
• Arrival: Summer 2018
• Price: Coming Soon !!
· Materials for ministry
· Housing (7 days)
· Ministry T-shirt
· Training manual
· Spiritual Life Journal
· Three meals a day (M-S)
· Chicago Style Pizza
*The price does not include travel to and from Chicago or admission to sightseeing attractions.
An evening is provided for groups that desire a sightseeing trip downtown, to Navy Pier, Hancock Building, etc. but travel to and from sites along with admissions are not included in the price.
Reservations are available on a first come first serve basis.
-Those who have their $100 per person non-refundable deposit by March 15, will receive a 5% discount on each person attending.
-Reservation fees are non-refundable but are transferrable to another student.