The Hope Center
- To reach young people with the life changing message of the Gospel of Christ, and help them heal from all the hurts and pains of life.
- To provide a safe place for people ages 8 & up, where they can learn and grow in a safe, nurturing environment where they can have fun and develop new friendships.
- To provide a place where all people can find help and encouragement in dealing with all of the problems and pressures of life.
- To help people to learn and understand the real meaning and purpose of Life in this world.
- To provide a service and support for working families who need help with the care of their children.
- Days & Times:
- 10:00 am - 9:00 pm. Mon- Friday.
- ASC hours will be Monday-Friday from 3:00-7:00pm *(students will be divided in age appropriate groups)
- Hope Center will not be available during ASC for those over 18
After-School-Program Agenda: (Monday - Friday)
3:00-4:30 pm Free-time, snack, and homework.
4:30-5:00 pm Truth time
5:00-6:00 pm Activity time (Crafts, Art, and Enrichment)
6:00-6:45 pm Free Time,
6:45-7:00pm Clean Up and Prep for Departure
Parent & Student Expectations:
- Students will be encouraged to refrain from cursing and the use of foul and vulgar language.
- Students will be encouraged to refrain from mean, cruel, harsh, racist or degrading and demeaning speech.
- Students are encouraged to treat one another with respect, honor, dignity and genuine kindness. Students will be taught how to appreciate the differences that God created us with.
- Students will be responsible to follow all posted Hope Center rules.
- Students must be sure not to bring any weapons in or on-site.
- Parents must clearly communicate with the Hope Center staff if a child has any special needs or medical conditions.
- Parents must sign release of liability forms for each child that participates.
- If students intentionally break or destroy anything they/and or parent/guardian will be expected to pay for or replace the broken item.
- Those involved in the weekly After-school clubs during the school year, will receive an additional discount for the 10 week Summer Program.
- Students who desire to participate in the off-site special activities and events of the Hope Center after school clubs must:
- Faithfully come to club on their assigned day.
- Attend Friday Night Jam/Unleashed Youth Ministry
- Faithfully attend Sunday Morning Fellowship groups
- Celebration Service.
- Serve in a giving ministry, where they care for others.
- Serve at Hope for the Hood ministry.
(Special events are, Summer & Winter camps, field trips, mission trips, concerts and more.)
Tutoring: Our tutoring ministry is set up to help and assist students with their core courses. Students will get personalized help in addressing the areas of their education. The basic areas of support are reading, math writing, science and social skills. Our desire is to help students to succeed in life, and be able to make a positive difference in the community and world they live in.
After-School Clubs: The after-school clubs provide a safe place for young people to spend time with friends and learn about life. The A.S.C. (after school clubs) is organized and has a very clear purpose.
Mentoring: We believe young people desperately need role models and mentors that will help to train and equip them for life. Students who desire these kinds of caring relationships will receive life-on-life mentoring with a caring adult that will help them address the issues that they are dealing with in life. These young people will receive a faith based philosophy and perspective concerning everything that takes place in life. The Mentors will be available to answers students most pressing questions concerning life. Mentors can provide the encouragement and challenge that young people need to succeed in life.
Hope Center: The Hope Center is a community center that seeks to help and support the families of the community. There are various ways in which the Hope Center can support families in the community.
Fitness Center & Game Room: The Fitness Center and game room will be open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. Both of these will be made available to adults also throughout the day. We will not charge for the use of them, we just ask that people freely donate what they can to help to off-set the basic expenses of keeping the community center open and available to the community. If people can not donate that will not keep them from being able to enjoy the facilities.